Electrical Contractor Blog
Don’t leave your life in the hands of a freelance electrical engineer. It’s very important for your house or commercial building to get the most efficient electrical connection required. Electricity is something you just can’t take for granted. It’s very dangerous. Many lives have been lost not only because people were electrocuted but also because of the fire that it causes due to faulty wirings. Property losses have ran into billions of dollars. Like a coin, electricity has two sides. It has a good side and bad. If you take it for granted, there’s going to be something bad that’s going to happen and you won’t like what it does to you.
It’s for this reason that the government is so strict about certificate compliance of electricians and because of this the long arms of the law are always after those unlicensed electricians. Don’t take chances because the life and properties at stake are not yours alone, but that of the community as well. Call us at Connective Electric if what you need a superior electrical service. Our electricians are licensed and have long experience in different kinds of electrical jobs.
It’s always to your advantage if you hire us at Connective Electric instead of a freelance electrical engineer. The following reasons will tell you why.
First, our electricians are licensed. Meaning the building inspector will approve the connections immediately. If you use a freelance electrical engineer your house or building will have a very low market value since you can’t show a building permit.
Second, our electricians are insured. If something happens to them while working in your house or building, we’ll take care of hospitalization and medication. Freelance electricians are high risks. You’ll have to shoulder the expenses if something happens to them.
Third on the list. How about an office? Freelancers don’t have one. Where will you complain if the result is substandard? You’re left to your own devices. What if you’ve paid in full already and the job isn’t finished according to your specification? That’s another food for thought.
And fourth, you will have to go from store to store to get discounts. We can give you cheaper materials because we at Connective Electric buy in bulk and from our steady suppliers. With regards to buying materials, who will do it, you or the freelance electrician?
For more information about why to hire us instead of a freelance electrical engineer, call 954.782.7879 for a free, no obligation quote.
When many people think of home electrical, they think of its necessity in day-to-day life. However, electricity can also enhance the quality of our lives and the value of our homes. Along with keeping the lights on and powering appliances, electricity plays a vital role in entertaining people, keeping them safe, and other purposes. The team of experts at Connective Electric can enhance your business location and your home. Our electrical contractors specialize in renovations and commercial retrofits in homes and businesses.
Many homeowners spend thousands of dollars on landscaping, but fail to show it off at night. With custom landscape lighting, homeowners can grab people’s attention. Strategically placed lighting can show off beautiful landscaping and make commercial properties more inviting to potential customers. Landscape lighting also increases the curb appeal of houses and commercial properties. Our electricians can also install security lighting at residential and commercial locations in cities like Pompano Beach, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale and Pembroke Pines.
Many homeowners and retailers turn to us to install wiring for multimedia purposes such as home media centers, home theaters, and commercial showrooms. Professional electricians, like the pros of Connective Electric, safely increase the electrical capabilities of people’s houses and commercial locations. They can install custom interior lighting in stores to show off certain products or areas of the store. They can also install lighted signs that help companies market themselves to passing motorists at night.
For more information on home electrical contractors, call 954.782.7879 for a free, no obligation quotes.
As both a contractor, and a sub-contractor (a contractor hired by another contractor), I have experienced the good, the bad, and the ugly that comes with home electrical contractors. My electrical contracting business has played a pivotal role in the successful delivery of many projects on time and on budget, but I have also watched other projects fall to pieces at the hands of a dishonest contractor. Having seen firsthand the stress, agony, and loss of hard earned money that some very good people have gone through as a result of the latter, I pass along these five simple tips that will protect you, your property, and your wallet from an unscrupulous contractor.
- Verify and do a check on their contracting license. In the state of Florida, checking the license of home electrical contractors is as simple as logging in to www.myfloridalicense.com and clicking ‘verify a license’. Checking the status of the license will tell you a couple things. First, it will tell you that the license is currently active and in good standing. Second, it will tell you if there are any complaints against the license, and if there are take that as a sign to think twice about your prospective contractor.
- There are many consumer advocacy groups online that can be used to evaluate your home electrical contractors. Sites such as www.ripoffreport.com or www.complaintsboard.com are an excellent source to verify whether or not other consumers are reporting negative experiences with your potential contractor.
- Check references. Are there any prior customers of theirs you can speak with, or view the work done on their property? Ask your contractor for some photos of their work, as many will keep a portfolio of some work they have accomplished for situations such as these. Does your contractor have a website? A website should be a good source of material and often will include previous project photos, testimonials, and other useful information to help you make a confident decision.
- Don’t be sold on price alone. We’ve all heard the saying “If it’s too good to be true, it is”. This is a phrase that is often overlooked in the world of home electrical contractors. Many consumers want to believe that they have found that needle in a haystack contractor who can do the project for half of what the other 3 guys quoted. Don’t let these “too good to be true” prices be your decision driver on selecting a contractor. Be wary when that too good to be true price comes along, ask yourself “why are they so low?”, “why aren’t they in keeping with the reputable contractors prices?”. Not that finding a good deal isn’t something you should be looking for, we all want to feel good about the price we pay for services, but don’t ignore the red flags on account you think you’ve found a deal that’s just too good to be true.
- Don’t pay in full at the start of the project. The number one way I have seen good people get into trouble with their home electrical contractors is because they pay in full at the start of the project, and the funds are misappropriated by the general contractor. Prepare a payment schedule with your contractor at the start of your project. Request “lien releases” from all sub-contractors when you make a payment to your contractor and he in turn pays the sub-contractors. A Lien Release from a sub-contractor is a notarized letter indicating that they have received “x” amount of dollars, which should collate to the percentage paid to the general contractor. This waives the sub-contractors right to lien your property for that amount of money. Maintaining proper lien releases is one of the best forms of protection to keep your liability to a minimum and ensure your payments to your contractor are handled properly.
For more information on home electrical contractors, call 954.782.7879 for a free, no obligation quotes.
How to save energy at home is a topic everyone is talking about. You hear about it on the news, the internet — everyone is talking about “Going Green”. There is not one particular way to save energy at home, it can be expressed in many forms including; buying a hybrid car, re-using your own grocery bags, or by making energy-conscious decisions in your home.
There are a number of things you can do to improve energy efficiency, and many of them are inexpensive and easy.
One: Compact fluorescent light bulbs, or CFL’s, are a great and easy way to get instant savings on your monthly electric bill. Over the past couple years since the inception of the CFL bulb, they have become very affordable, with a long operating life. A CFL type bulb is capable of putting out equal light to an ordinary incandescent bulb while using 1/4 the energy.
Two: Reducing the temperature of your water heater tank. A drum water heater will continually heat and re-heat water to maintain the temperature setting. By reducing the holding temperature on the water heater it will reduce the amount of heating required, saving you money on your electric bill. If reducing the temperature on your drum water heater wasn’t enough savings for you, consider replacing your water heater with an electrically powered tankless water heater. A tankless water heater instantly creates hot water on demand only. This means you only pay for the hot water you use, and there is a limitless supply.
Three: Within your home’s electrical system there are many openings within your ceilings and walls that could be costing you money. Voids around light fixture boxes, or around electrical outlet boxes, can allow a transfer of heat between the attic, or the outside world. By applying the proper foam around these openings, you will reduce energy loss and save money.
There are many ways of going green, helping the environment, and saving money, all without having to leave the house, except maybe for supplies. But please remember to turn off any power at the circuit breaker when in proximity of any exposed electrical wiring, or call a professional.
At Connective Electric Inc. we believe that the customer is the most important part of our business. This is why we strive to offer you the excellence in service you demand while giving you the personal attention you deserve.
For more information on how to save energy at home, call 954.782.7879 for a free, no obligation quotes.
While performing upgrades in and around your home or yard you may accidentally damage electrical wires, and find yourself in need of electrical wiring repair. In the event that you damage live wires, this scenario poses major hazards to yourself, your family, your pets, and your property. You should promptly contact quality professional electricians to minimize the risks that these damaged wires pose. If repairs are performed in a haphazard manner, faulty connections may temporarily solve your problems, but problems could arise down the road from this shoddy work.
The law across the United States says that anyone digging underground must call-in to have the area marked for underground utilities. This includes utilities such as water lines, electrical lines, and cable lines. Failure to get a dig ticket could result in major fines. Even with underground dig tickets, some lines may get missed, leading to mistakes. If you accidentally cut a wire while digging, contact a professional to address the problem. If you cut a wire that knocks out power to your home you will need to call professional electricians to repair the problem. Likewise, if you cut a television wire, you should contact the cable provider in your area.
Serving Customers With Electrical Wiring Repair
Featuring some of the best electricians in South Florida, Connective Electric is an experienced, licensed, and trusted electrical contracting company. Our team specializes in performing emergency repairs around the clock. In addition, our team performs work on commercial remodeling projects, residential remodels, and new construction.
For more information on under cabinet lighting, call 954.782.7879 for a free, no obligation quotes.
With LED lights emerging rapidly on the market, more products are being manufactured using this technology. When it come to household accent lighting, LED is becoming a fast favorite. Areas such as undercabinet lighting, cove lighting, up-lighting, and as an alternative to more traditional rope light. The versatility of the LED lighting, along with long life span and energy-saving capabilities, LED lighting is becoming the frontrunner for undercabinet lighting.
There are positives and negatives to going the LED route over to a more traditional lighting technology. One positive, as mentioned above is the life span of the light. The life of an LED bulb can easily burn 100,000 hours without failure. Compared to the traditional incandescent or halogen bulbs, which have the lifespan of roughly 30,000 hours. In addition to a lifespan 3 times that of its competition, LED lights require a fraction of the power compared to other forms of lighting.
Unfortunately, there are some negatives. The LED technology is still relatively new, and as products emerge they carry a higher price tag. For some of the more custom LED systems you can expect to pay 2-3 times what you would over Xenon/halogen, fluorescent or incandescent. Additionally, the LED dimming technology is still somewhat developing. As a result, depending on the quality of the fixture you purchase, the dimming capabilities may be inferior to that of its’ halogen counterpart.
Ultimately there is no right or wrong way to determine what accent lighting is right for you. One thing we can say for sure is that, LED lighting is here to stay.
For more information on undercabinet lighting, call 954.782.7879 for a free, no obligation quotes.
Five tips for selecting the right commercial electrical contractor
When it comes to hiring a commercial electrical contractor, it is hard not to encounter the good, the bad, and the ugly within the contracting world. Your goal is to find a contractor that has a proven track-record of delivering many projects on time and on budget. Contractor work can be a major source of stress, agony, and loss of hard earned money that some very good people have gone through as a result of choosing the wrong commercial electrical contractor. These are five simple tips will protect you, your property, and your wallet from an unscrupulous contractor.
- Verify and do a check on their contracting license. In the state of Florida, checking the license of a contractor is as simple as logging in to www.myfloridalicense.com and clicking ‘verify a license’. Checking the status of the license will tell you a couple things. First it will tell you that the license is currently active and in good standing. Second it will tell you if there are any complaints against the license (and if there are take that as a sign to think twice about your prospective commercial electrical contractor).
- Check with the advocacy groups. In keeping with using the internet to research your contractors there are many consumer advocacy groups online that can be used to evaluate your contractor. Sites such as www.ripoffreport.com or www.complaintsboard.com are an excellent source to verify whether or not other consumers are reporting negative experiences with your potential commercial electrical contractor.
- Check references. Are there any prior customers of theirs you can speak with, or view the work done on their property? Ask the contractor for some photos of their efforts, as many will keep a portfolio of jobs they have accomplished. Does your commercial electrical contractor have a website? A website should be a good source of material and often will include previous project photos, testimonials, and other useful information to help you make a confident decision.
- Don’t be sold on price alone. We’ve all heard the saying “If it’s too good to be true, it is”. This is a phrase that is often overlooked in the world of contracting. Many consumers want to believe that they have found that needle in a haystack commercial electrical contractor who can do the project for half of what the other 3 guys quoted. Don’t let these “too good to be true” prices be your decision driver on selecting a commercial electrical contractor. Be wary, and ask yourself, “why are they so low?” and “why aren’t they in keeping with the other reputable contractors prices?” Not that finding a good deal isn’t something you should be looking for, we all want to feel good about the price we pay for services; but don’t ignore the red flags if the price you are quoted is far below the commercial electrical contractor’s competitors.
- Don’t pay in full at the start of the project. The number one way I have seen good people get into trouble with their commercial electrical contractors is because they pay in full at the start of the project, and the funds are misappropriated by the commercial electrical contractor. A reputable contractor will work with you to create an equitable payment plan.
Connective Electric is a reputable commercial electrical contractor
At Connective Electric we believe that the customer is the most important part of our business. This is why we strive to offer you the excellence in service you demand while giving you the personal attention you deserve.
Connective Electric has a full staff of experienced professionals well trained in many areas to offer you the best products and services. Our experienced team is prepared to handle any job – anything as simple as a one-hour service call to a comprehensive construction project.
With offices serving Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, Connective Electric has the resources available to best serve your needs.
Contact us at 954-782-7879 to learn more about our commercial electrical contractor services.
What can you do when the lights go out?
Loss of electricity is a major inconvenience. When it comes to how to prepare for a power outage, businesses and residents can be ready for power outages caused by extreme weather with backup generators.
Due to the tropical climate, people in this region rely on electricity perhaps more so than people in other parts of the country. As such, people run their air conditioning units and ceiling fans to maintain a comfortable temperature while indoors.
Losing power causes many inconveniences in modern life. Those who have lived in the area long enough have experienced the discomfort of losing electricity as a result of weather events like tropical storms and hurricanes. When you cannot control the temperature being home proves to be undesirable. Productivity falls off when businesses are shut down in the wake of these destructive events, lacking the electricity they need to perform work.
How to prepare for a power outage: Consider A Backup Generator
Businesses and residents can take action when it comes to how to prepare for power a outage today by having a backup generator on hand. This will provide you with the power you need in the event that it goes out due to weather events or any other cause. You can achieve peace of mind by installing a backup generator which can be used to run appliances, air conditioning, and all other modern comforts.
If and when the power fails, call the best electricians in South Florida, Connective Electric, at 954-782-7879 for solutions to all your electrical needs.
Connective Electric will keep your power supply stable and steady
The bigger your electrical requirements are, the bigger should be your wires, fuses, electrical fixtures and vice versa. The electrical connections should correspond to your electricity needs. Without proper industrial electrical supply, you may be faced with overload or underload. Overload can damage your equipment, furniture and lighting fixtures and be a fire hazard. Underload means you will have an insufficient supply of electricity. If you have an ongoing problem with the stability of your power supply, this is a sign that your industrial electrical supply is in need of maintenance or upgrade.
Connective Electric can easily fix this situation for you. We can install a transformer to restore the correct electrical current supply of your homes, commercial buildings and factories. We offer industrial electrical supply to provide back-up for your production plant or factory.
Connective Electric has been helping both residential and commercial building owners in solving their electrical supply issues across South Florida. You can rely on us to provide the assistance you want without delay.
You can enlist our emergency response operation to minimize interruption of your electrical needs. We have standby emergency teams which are ready 24/7. Once you call, the response is automatic. We’ll ensure that your down time will be short and solved right away.
Connective Electric is a premier electrical contractor for South Florida. With our wide range of services and in-stock supplies, we don’t need for stores to be open to buy spare parts or new equipment. Connective Electric has all your industrial electrical supply at our immediate disposal.
Our electricians are fully licensed throughout the State of Florida. Call us now at 954-782-7879 and we will show what we can do for all your industrial electrical supply needs. Your satisfaction is our number one goal.
Christmas is just around the corner, do you have everything you need for Christmas lights installation?
T’is the season — and the sooner the better, because then it’s out of the way and you can enjoy the beautiful display throughout the winter months.
Christmas lights and decor are already on display in malls, restaurants and nearly every commercial building you walk into. Soon there will be a sparkling Santa, reindeers, and Christmas trees lighting up everyone’s front yards.
The excitement and joy that comes with viewing Christmas lights can easily distract homeowners from the electrical issues that can arise this time of year.
There’s going to be an increase in electrical connections, and a growing demand in electrical consumption. The most important thing is that these connections are properly installed to avoid mishaps.
Christmas Lights Installation: Common Problems
When it comes to Christmas lights installation there are a few important things you need to be concerned about.
For one, fire can easily develop due to improper use of electrical connections and/or substandard electrical fixtures leading to electricity overload.
Using the proper outdoor connections is especially important when it rains. As we all know, water and electricity don’t mix. To avoid that, the use of special water-resistant plugs, sockets, bulbs and switches is necessary. The purpose is not only to preserve the materials from water damage but also to protect your household you from being electrocuted.
In addition, wet grounds or grasses are extremely capable of transmitting electrical current. Contact with live electricity could put one’s life in danger if they happen to step on the wet ground or grass.
Don’t forget about indoor Christmas lights installation. Unless done by a professional, there’s a chance that much of the wiring has not been properly installed. In haste, wires may have even been hidden under rugs and carpets. This not only makes it a fire hazard but an electrical hazard for friends and family members walking over them.
When it comes to something as delicate as lighting your home, even Christmas lights installation deserves the service of licensed electricians.
Our electricians will ensure that your holidays are free of accidents and you and your family can safely enjoy your Christmas lights to the fullest.
We know how to prevent accidents from happening. We supply all parts needed for the job at cheaper prices than what any other electrical suppliers are offering here in Pompano Beach.
Make your holidays safer and more enjoyable than ever. Call us and you won’t need to lift a finger to do anything. We will follow your plans to the letter, and everything will come as ordered. We guarantee all our materials and craftsmanship.